Saturday, March 10, 2012

Highlights from March Online Miniature Show




So, in my recent obsessive re-immersion into the world of Miniatures, I've realized with no small sense of delight how much things have changed since the 1990s. Not only are the mass-produced minis so accessible, there's so many possibilities for acquiring hand-crafted miniatures! One is limited only by their ability to scavenger hunt teh Interwebs.

I also never realized that there are MINIATURE SHOWS AND CONVENTIONS.

So what happens when you combine Miniature Shows and teh Interwebs?

An Online Miniature Show, of course!

Here are some of the captivating highlights from some truly talented artisans featured in the March show:


To be honest, I saw The Tudor Dollhouse blog referencing this "sealed set" item, and I can only add my own personal raptures. The attention to detail is absolutely exquisite, and I can only wish in vain that they would sell a tutorial for this particular creation.

From Eden Castle Arts:
This is actually one of a few lovely desks from this shop, composed of woods ranging from rosewood to cherry to mahogany. Elegant to the core!

From AmanSpeak Miniatures:

This deli tray reminds me that miniature making is not always just a hobby. Sometimes, it's ART.


Also from Amanspeaks. There are CRUMBS on this creation, for crying out loud!

From Villa Miniatures:


The possibilities with this bookcase are rather endless, but the price point is just right!

So those are my personal faves from this month's Miniature Show. God bless the Internet!


No comments:

Post a Comment